Nothing is better than eating a colorful and delicious plate of heart-healthy fruits for breakfast in the morning. healthy fruit breakfast. Different fruit combos can fulfill your daily requirements of nutrients and you feel fresh and active whole day. One of healthy fruit combo, containing healthy and easily available fruits is avocado, banana, and apple. There are some other examples of fruits combos also which will be explained in this article. But there are a lot of things you need to know about fruits before moving towards fruit combos for breakfast.
Why Fruits Are So Important?
Fruits are considered as healthy food and we cannot deny the importance of fruits in daily life. Fruits are full of nutrients and minerals like potassium, fiber, folic acid, etc. These are a good source of vitamins so they play an important role in preventing deficiencies of vitamins in our body. Eating fruits can reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Fruits that are rich in nutrients and phytochemicals are citrus fruits, strawberries, cranberries, and blueberries. Here are some health benefits associated with fruits:
- Most of the fruits contain potassium that can decrease the risk of stroke and heart diseases. It also helps to decrease bone loss in older age and lowers risk of kidney stones.
- Folic acid present in fruits can help in the formation of red blood cells. Folate is also necessary for pregnant women as it can prevent the baby from different neural tube birth defects like spina bifida.
- Having a fruit-rich diet can prevent you from diabetes type-2 and certain cancers.
- Fruits contain different types of phytochemicals, not all of them are known but they have an important role in maintaining the optimum health
- Some are low calories fruits while some are high calories. So, depending upon your needs you can choose the fruits better for you. On average is it is recommended to eat at least 2 cups of fruits daily.
Are Fruits Good for Losing Weight?
Being overweight is not a healthy thing and can cause serious health issues. So, it is better to lose weight. The major reason behind facing troubles during weight loss is that the body of some people cannot handle carbohydrates. Fruits contain a lot of vitamins and carbohydrates so if you are planning to lose weight then it would be foolish to replace one full meal with a bowl full of fruits. Fruits can also play a role in losing weight if you add them to your diet wisely. The best thing you can do is to eat some fruits before or after a workout. Grape fruits, apples and berries are healthy fruits for weight loss.
Health Benefits of Some Common Fruits
Some of the common fruits we eat often have a lot of benefits for our health. These fruits are commonly available we eat them because we like them without considering their benefits. Here are some benefits common fruits can give you:
- Most common fruit is apple found everywhere, it is sweet and delicious. It has high carbohydrate component and most important nutrient it provides is Vitamin C involves in different body functions. Do not peel apple because it contains vitamins.
- Avocado is another beneficial fruit containing healthy fats which can help in reducing cholesterol level.it would be best to replace butter with avocado in your sandwich.
- Banana has folate and potassium. It is sweet to taste is because of potassium and it can help in lowering the blood pressure to a normal level.
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants. It has the best antioxidant abilities as compared to other fresh fruits and vegetables. These berries reduce the risks of age-related diseases, for example, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Tomatoes are a great source of lycopene which helps reduce the level of cholesterol. It can also help in protecting against the advanced stage of the prostate gland.
- Grapes are a great source of manganese. Their main component is an antioxidant called resveratrol that can reduce the risk of heart attack by reducing blood pressure. This main component can also play a role in preventing the spread of colon, stomach and breast cancer.
- Mangoes are high in lutein and zeaxanthin content which are antioxidants. These antioxidants can help in protecting vision and old age diseases.
- Another common fruit is orange which is rich in folate. It contains an important phytochemical called hesperidin which can reduce the level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood.
- Strawberries, sweet red little berries rich in antioxidants give anti-inflammatory properties. Strawberries can help you in preventing atherosclerosis, it also plays a role in suppressing the growth of a tumor.
- The last one in this list is blackberries. Their purple color is because of anthocyanin which is an antioxidant. It can reduce the risk of cancer and stroke. Extract of blackberries can lower the growth of cancer cells.
Is It Healthy to Take Fruits as Your Breakfast?
Overall it is good to eat fruits in the morning it can make you feel energetic the whole day. The breakfast we usually do is eating pancakes, bread, jam, and a muffin. All these foods contain sugar and fat and you may also feel energetic at the time. But this energy is not for the whole day. On the other hand, fruits are not the only source of carbohydrates but also contain fibers, useful nutrients, and minerals making you feel fully energetic. Using fruits with protein is an amazing start for your day. you can also help yourself with healthy fruit juices.
Breakfast is satisfying if it provides you with all the essential nutrients you require to work the whole day. Here are what fruits provide you
- Carbohydrates, for long-lasting energy
- Fibers, to fill up your tummy
- Lean protein, amazing macronutrient keeps you fill up to lunch
- Fats, healthy provide satiety and energy
As fruits contain all necessary components required, so why eat regular breakfast which is not even tasty. Give fruits a chance so you can enjoy delicious breakfast at the start of the day and feel fresh for the rest of the day. You can also lose your weight by making fruits a part of your breakfast but you need to choose fruits wisely for this purpose.
Nutrients Found in Most of The Fruits
As it is stated again and again that fruits are a great and healthy source of nutrients, here are the most common nutrients found in almost every kind of fruit:
- Vitamin C, for maintaining a healthy immune system, repair, and growth of cells
- Vitamin A, for boosting skin and eye health
- Potassium, for controlling blood pressure
According to research, the content of these nutrients required by the body found in fruits is as follows:
- Men: 90 grams
- Women 75 grams
You can get about 8.4 milligrams of vitamin C from and 10.3 milligrams from banana.
- Men: 900 mcg
- Women 700 mcg
A medium apple gives you about 98 milligrams of vitamin A.
- Adults: 4700 g
Banana is the best source of potassium and can provide you 10% of the daily requirement.
Many are low calories fruits as compared to their size. On average grapefruits, peaches, strawberries, cantaloupe, and papaya provide you with less than sixty calories. You can get benefits from these fruits with even worrying about your calorie chart.
While some of the fruits are rich in calories and you have to take moderate amounts of these fruits like bananas, cherries, grapes, and mangoes. The estimated amount of sugar in mango is 45 grams. Other low calories fruits are watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers, peaches, avocados, strawberries, etc. Click here to read about low calories fruits and vegetables.
Some Healthy Fruit Combos For Breakfast
Almost all fruits are good for health. But one should eat it when it is fully ripe and can be digested properly for providing energy. Instead of having regular boring breakfast like egg or toast it is better to give these fruits combos a chance for making you feel fresh and energetic. Fruits have all for you from fighting colds and inflammation to glowing skin and shiny hairs. Here are some combos you can have for getting healthy benefits:
This bowl has some amazingly delicious fruits pineapple, cherry, and blueberry. Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that can boost up the immune system, stimulate protein digestion and decreases gut inflammation. It also contains vitamin C. Combining pineapple with some antioxidant-rich cherries and blueberries can give amazing advantages. healthy fruit breakfast Phenolic compounds present in cherries can give you anti-inflammatory effects.
Fruit Bowl for Boosting the Immune System
Best combo for boosting your immune system is of kiwi, strawberry, and grapefruit. If you are feeling down this combo can boost up your health. Vitamin C can help in boosting the immune system which is a major component of kiwi. Strawberries and grapefruits also are rich in this vitamin. There is a healthy tip for you, you can also take a plate o this combo before you go for a flight.
These bowls have all in it and includes red grape, pomegranate, and fig. all of these fruits have a high content of disease-fighting substances and antioxidants which keep you looking youthful and make you strong. Red grapes are rich in resveratrol that have anti-aging abilities. These grapes also have zeaxanthin and lutein which help keep vision strong. healthy fruit breakfast. Same is the case with pomegranates. Fig has a high concentration of minerals like magnesium, calcium, copper and vitamins A, E, and K.
If you want to feel energetic, this combo is best for you. Including avocado, banana, and apple this is a nutrient-rich combo, making you feel fresh and keep you going for the whole day. Avocado slows down digestion, a banana gives you energy and apples being rich in fibers keep you full for a long time. healthy fruit breakfast. You must pick this combo if you want a burst of energy.
Detoxification can be done with foods that can help in flushing toxins out of the system and hydration. This fruit bowl contains watermelon, goji berry, and lemon. Lemon is super alkaline upon digestion; it is a strong detoxifier also. It has antiviral and antibacterial abilities. You can squeeze it over fruits to make them taste good and also can use in juices. Containing glutathione, lycopene, vitamin A and C, watermelon helps in fighting free radicals and detoxing. And at the end, goji berries contain choline which is helpful and needed by the liver for the detoxification process.
If you have to attend a big event then this combo should be part of your breakfast. This beauty bowl includes papaya, blackberry, and cantaloupe. healthy fruit breakfast. Papaya is rich in papain helps in dealing with skin damage. While blackberries are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. The last one cantaloupe has beta carotene which produces vitamin A making your hairs shiny strong and your skin glow.
Why You Should Try These Combos for Breakfast?
All these combos consist of powerful fruit combinations making you feel, healthy, energetic, fresh and strong. These cover all your needs from anti-inflammatory effects to glowing skin. These combos give you a lot of health benefits. healthy fruit breakfast. So you should at least try them and you would love them. Just think about all the colorful and delicious fruits cut in different shapes full of nutrients and minerals, giving you boost up, it feels so satisfying.
In the end, fruits are a part of a healthy lifestyle. If you want to spend a healthy life with fewer health issues make fruits a part of your diet. If you are gym freak eat fruits before or after a workout this will have a healthy impact on your body. healthy fruit breakfast. It is the best decision to make fruits a part of your breakfast. You can also replace your ordinary breakfast completely with fruits. It can also help in losing weight. So give fruits a chance as your breakfast if you want to feel healthy and fresh for the whole of the day.