Fruit Tart with Recipes
Fruit tarts are really delicious and sweet in taste. Some fruit tart recipes include French fruit tart, banana cream fruit tart, raspberry fruit tart, grapes tart, French apple tart recipe. These recipes are simple and you can make them easily.
Before trying any food, you must have enough knowledge about that food, how is it made and what is its nutritional value. Fruit Tart with Recipes. So, before you try any of fruit tart recipes, you must know how it is good for you.
What Fruits You Can Use for Making Fruit Tart?
Not all fruits are good for making fruit tarts. There are certain fruits that are used to make fruit tarts. These fruits include peaches, blueberries, raspberries, kiwis, apricots, mangoes, oranges, grapes and strawberries.
Can You Make It Night Before?
The best thing about fruit tarts is you can make them a few days before serving. You just need to coat the fruit in light gaze so that it may not get dry. Mix in water a small amount of strained apricots preserves. Wash this solution and then brush over surface. Tart can sit out for few hours under room temperature before you keep it in refrigerator. It would be better to keep fruit tart in a sealed container or should cover it with cloche.
How Can You Make Tart Shells?
Perforated tart rings are best for baking tart shells, even they are a bit expensive but good to buy. They are available in different shapes and sizes. If you use them for baking you will get an amazing baked base with no bubbles. Fruit Tart with Recipes. Here are simple steps for making tart shells:
- First of all mix cubed butter, salt, sugar and vanilla until they are homogenized.
- Now add egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
- After this add flour and mix or about 45 seconds.
- Put the dough between two sheets of floured parchment paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Peel of the paper layers and cut the bottoms out.
- Cut a separate strip for side.
- Place that strip into tart ring, press the side into ring and remove excess, trim the top.
- Bake the strip for about twelve minutes at 320°F.
Then you can fill these small shells with tart filling and serve them.
Some Common Fruit Tart Recipes
Fruit tarts are amazing sweet dishes for serving on events. Here are some common and simple fruit tart recipes you can try at home. You will surely enjoy.
Grapes are considered among the healthiest fruits. They are considered the best snack for losing weight. They are rich in antioxidants called flavonoids which have a lot of benefits. There are a lot of types of grapes all of them are healthy but concord grapes and red grapes are healthiest among all. Grapes have low calorie content.
100 grams of grapes has calories = 69
Grapes tart is an amazingly delicious dish to make. Here is the recipe of this simple fruit tart:
|Rolled Oats||½ Cup|
|Cold Unsalted Butter||½ Cup|
|Red and Green Grapes (Seedless)||3 Cups|
How to Make?
- First of all preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Take a food processor, add salt, sugar and flour, mix, add butter and mix again thoroughly until it gets homogenized.
- Now add two tablespoons of ice water and oats and mix again.
- Take a nine-inch springform pan press dough onto bottom and one inch upsides. Remove the sides of pan and allow the crust to cool down.
- Whisk the pastry cream until it gets smooth spread the whole cream in crust evenly and arrange both red and green grapes on the surface.
- Now chill this for two hours or one day before serving and dust it with confectioner’s sugar
Raspberry Fruit Tart
Raspberries are favorite berries of most of the people. These are cute little fruits having a lot of health benefits. Raspberries are rich in antioxidants mainly vitamin C, Gallic acid and quercetin. These antioxidants can help your body fight against age related decline, cancer and heart and circulatory diseases. They also have chemopreventative called ellagic acid that has anti-inflammatory properties. They also have low calorie content.
100 grams of raspberries have calories = 52
Raspberries fruit tart is very tasty to eat. Here is simple raspberry fruit tart recipe you can try at home:
|All-Purpose Flour||1¼ Cup|
|Granulated White Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold Unsalted Butter (Small Pieces)||½ Cup|
|Ice Water||30 – 60ml|
|Raspberry Filling||2 Cups|
How to Make?
- Make dough following the method mentioned above for making tart shells. Once the dough is made, chill it for some time and then place on slightly floured surface.
• Roll this pastry into thirty-centimeter round, ensure the equal thickness and, keep the pastry lifting and turning a quarter turn.
• Now transfer the pastry to baking sheet. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over the pastry, except the border (2 inch). Now arrange the raspberries over surface of pastry and place stem ends down.
• Now fold the edges gently over filling. And sprinkle the one to two tablespoons of sugar over raspberries.
• Now once the tart has been prepared bake it for twenty to thirty minutes in pre heated oven until the pastry gets golden.
• Remove it from the oven, allow it to cool down and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
French Apple Tart
Apples are easy addition to diet as they are easily available and do not have any side effects. These have high fiber content and promote weight loss. If you want to get maximum health benefits eat apple without removing skin. It contains pectin which helps in maintaining good gut health.
According to recent research it is concluded that there is a connection between eating apples regularly and low risk of diabetes, certain cancers and cardiovascular disease. Apples are rich in quercetin which may have anti-cancer properties.
One medium apple has calories = 52
French apple fruit tart gives you double dose of apples. Here is simple recipe of French fruit tart for you:
|All-Purpose Flour||1½ Cup|
|Granulated White Sugar||¼ Cup|
|Unsalted Butter||½ Cup|
|Apricot Preserves||½ Cup|
|Apple Sauce||1¼ Cups|
|Firm Textured Apples||1½ Pounds|
|Granulated White Sugar||2 – 4 Tablespoon|
How to Make?
- You need to make tart shells before, by following the above-mentioned recipe.
- Then make apple tart for this purpose spoon apple sauce in prebaked cool tart shell.
- Cut the apples into small slices of size ¼ inches.
- Melt butter and sugar and ground cinnamon add the sliced apples and allow it to sauté. When they begin to soften remove and let them cool.
- Now arrange these apple slices in circle above the apple sauce and brush them with butter. Now bake the tart by placing it on baking sheet for twenty-five to thirty minutes. Let the apples get softened but not mushy.
- Once the tart is baked place it into boiler until the apples become crisp and golden, at the end glaze the apple with apricot glaze.
Banana Cream Fruit Tart
Bananas are popular because of high potassium content. A normal banana has about 22 g of potassium. Bananas are good source of energy also. Fiber content of bananas helps with stomach issues like colitis, ulcers and regular bowl movement.
Carb makeup is their unique property. Unripe bananas have resistant starch mainly responsible for improving blood sugar level and you feel full. Pectin present in banana also lays the same role and improves digestive health. According to recent research high mineral and carb content of banana makes it an excellent source of fuel.
One medium banana contains calories = 105
Here simple and quick recipe for making delicious banana tart:
|Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets||1|
|Instant Banana Cream Pudding||1|
|Fruits (Banana, Raspberries, Kiwis, Figs)||4 Cups|
|Red Currant Jelly||2 Tablespoons|
How to make?
- First of all, you need to make the tart pastry sheet by following the above-mentioned recipe.
- Once you made them, make the banana pudding by following the directions written on packet.
- Spread the pudding over the pastry sheets, and arrange a line of each fruit over the spread pudding.
- Heat the jelly until it gets melted. Brush the melted jelly over fruits and refrigerate it for an hour before you serve.
What Do Fruits Have for You?
Main reason behind considering fruits healthy is their low calories content and rich content of nutrients. Sugar content of different fruits varies. Some have low sugar content like blackberries and cranberries. While some tropical fruits may contain very high levels of sugar like, jackfruit and mango. Type of sugar also varies from fruit to fruit. Most common sugars found in fruits are fructose and sucrose. Fructose is considered as the dangerous one but evidences are limited.
Fruits are gift of nature.
They are rich in minerals, nutrients and vitamins. All these things are necessary for our health. Here is an overview about what kind of benefits you can get from fruits
- Most of the fruits are rich in fiber, fibers make your tummy full for longer time and you don’t feel hungry. So, if you want to lose weight you can use such fruits as a snack.
- Fruits are rich in protein and protein is an important macronutrient required by the body. It helps in maintenance of bones strength and muscle formation; moreover, it also helps in boosting immune system.
- Most of the fruits contain potassium that has ability to decrease the risk of stroke and heart diseases. It also helps in decrease bone loss in older age and lowers risk of kidney stones.
- Folic acid preset in fruits can help in formation of red blood cells. Folate is also necessary for pregnant women as it can prevent the baby from different neural tube birth defects like spina bifida.
- Having fruit rich diet can prevent you from diabetes type-2 and certain cancers.
Read also: Harmful Snacks For Your Health
- Fruits contain different types of phytochemicals, not all of them are known but they have important role in in maintaining the optimum health
- Some are low calories fruits while some are high calories. So depending upon your needs you can choose the fruits better for you. On average is it is recommended to eat at least 2 cups of fruits daily.
- Being overweight is not a healthy thing and can cause serious health issues. So, it is better to lose weight. The major reason behind facing troubles during weight loss is that body of some people cannot handle carbohydrates. Fruits contain a lot of vitamins and carbohydrates so if you are planning to lose weight then it would be foolish to replace one full meal with a bowl full of fruits. Fruits can also play role in losing weight if you add them to your diet wisely. The best thing you can do is to eat some fruits before or after a workout.
Fruits have a lot of health benefits that is the reason they are recommend for a healthy lifestyle. They are rich in antioxidants, minerals, nutrients and vitamins. Fruits are used in making a lot of dishes one of the common sweet dish is fruit tart. It is a delicious fruit recipe you can easily make at home yourself with no effort. You can make them an apart of your event and serve you guest. You can make it before the day you need to serve it and your guest will surely enjoy it. This article also shows some common and easy fruit tart recopies. You can follow any of them according to your choice. You will surely enjoy as they are quick to made and delicious to eat. They are also good for kids, they love to eat sweet delicious things, and moreover, they are also healthy to eat.