How Many Calories in A Fruit Cup?
Most of your favorite fruits have low calorie but are rich in other nutrients. Among all of your favorite fruits, the fruit having maximum calories is coconut, you can get about 646 calories for every 3,5 ounces. how many calories in a fruit cup on the other hand watermelon and grapefruits have lowest calories content they provide you with 30 calories for every 3,5 ounces. Your favorite fruits like orange, strawberries, raspberries, mango, apple, lemon, cherry and pineapple provide you with moderate calories content.
Fruits are necessary for living healthy life. So, here are some amazing facts about your favorite fruits.
How Fruits Are Beneficial?
Fruits are gift of nature. They are rich in minerals, nutrients and vitamins. All these things are necessary for health of our body. Most of the fruits are rich in fiber, fibers make your stomach full for longer time and you don’t feel hungry. So, if you want to lose weight you can use such fruits as a snack. Fruits are rich in protein and protein is an important macronutrient required by the body. It helps in maintenance of bones strength and muscle formation; moreover, it also helps in boosting immune system.
Most of the fruits contain potassium that has ability to decrease the risk of stroke and heart diseases. It also helps in decrease bone loss in older age and lowers risk of kidney stones. Folic acid preset in fruits can help in formation of red blood cells. Folate is also necessary for pregnant women as it can prevent the baby from different neural tube birth defects like spina bifida. Having fruit rich diet can prevent you from diabetes type-2 and certain cancers. Fruits contain different types of phytochemicals, not all of them are known but they have important role in in maintaining the optimum health
Some are low calories fruits while some are high calories. So, depending upon your needs you can choose the fruits better for you. On average is it is recommended to eat at least 2 cups of fruits daily.
Fruits for Weight Loss
Being overweight is not a healthy thing and can cause serious health issues. So it is better to lose weight. The major reason behind facing troubles during weight loss is that body of some people cannot handle carbohydrates. Fruits contain a lot of vitamins and carbohydrates so if you are planning to lose weight then it would be foolish to replace one full meal with a bowl full of fruits. Fruits can also play role in losing weight if you add them to your diet wisely. The best thing you can do is to eat some fruits before or after a workout.
Nutrients Found in Most of The Fruits
As it is stated again and again that fruits are a great and healthy source of nutrients, here are the most common nutrients found in almost every kind of fruit:
- Vitamin C, for maintaining healthy immune system, repair and growth of cells
- Vitamin A, for boosting skin and eye health
- Potassium, for controlling blood pressure
According to a research the content of these nutrients required by body found in fruits is as follows:
- Men: 90 grams
- Women 75 grams
You can get about 8.4 milligrams of vitamin C from and 10.3 milligrams from banana.
- Men: 900 mcg
- Women 700 mcg
A medium apple gives you about 98 milligrams of vitamin A.
- Adults: 4700 g
Banana is the best source of potassium and can provide you 10% of daily requirement.
Some of Favorite Fruits
Most common fruits available have low calories content that make them favorable. It is healthy to eat any kind of fruit but wisely. You can eat them raw; you can eat them in form of combos. It would be better to eat them raw. Here are health benefits of some of your favorite and healthy fruits based on their calorie content:
Grapefruits vary in color from, red or white to yellow or pink. It is result of cross between orange and pomelo. Grapefruits are not only good for skin but also for heart health, blood how many calories in a fruit cup many calories in a fruit cup pressure and disease prevention. Grapefruits are also rich in vitamin C.
One whole grapefruit provide calories = 104
Here are some health benefits associated with gape fruits
- It is an amazing weight loss fruit.it helps in weight control and obesity prevention.
- Also, it is rich in flavonoids which lowers the risk of ischemic stroke in women.
- It has a combination of powerful nutrients like vitamin C, potassium, lycopene and fiber that are good for maintenance of heart health.
- Grapefruits have antioxidants that lowers risk of antioxidants.
- Due high fiber and water content they can reduce risk of constipation and regulate digestive tract.
- As it has high water content so is an excellent hydrating fruit.
- Intake of vitamin C can reduce the risk of asthma which is found in grapefruits.
Apples are considered among the healthiest fruits. They are easy addition to diet as they are easily available and do not have any side effects. These have high fiber content and promote weight loss. If you want to get maximum health benefits eat apple without removing skin. It contains pectin which helps in maintaining good gut health.
One medium apple contains calories = 95
Here are some health benefits associated with apples:
- According to recent research it is concluded that there is a connection between eating apples regularly and low risk of diabetes, certain cancers and cardiovascular disease. Apples are rich in quercetin which may have anti-cancer properties.
- They can help in improving neurological health.
- It decreases the risk of thrombotic stroke.
- It lowers bad cholesterol in the body.
- An apple a day may also decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Apples are healthy snacks and can prevent you from obesity.
- It is rich in vitamin C, and can boost the resistance of body against inflammation or infectious agents.
There are a lot of types of mangoes each with unique taste, size, color and shape. It is not only delicious but it also has an amazing nutrition profile. It has nutrients that can improve eyesight, how many calories in a fruit cup immune system, digestive system and also lower the risk of certain cancers.
One mango contains calories = 201
Here are some of the health benefits associated with
- Mangoes are rich in polyphenols that work as antioxidants, and prevent cells from free radical damage.
- It is rich in vitamin A that is essential for a healthy immune system for fighting against infections. Vitamin A is also necessary for maintaining eye health.
- Mangoes are rich in potassium, magnesium and mangiferin, these nutrients are helpful in maintaining heart health.
- They contain water, dietary fiber, digestive enzymes and other compounds that are necessary for maintaining digestive health.
- They contain lutein and zeaxantin that can protect you from sun.
- Vitamin C can help in preventing wrinkling and sagging. Vitamin A can also promote healthy hair.
Pineapple is rich in nutrition. It can help in reducing inflammation, moreover it can also promote healthy tissue growth. How many calories in a fruit cup One cup of pineapple provides you with 76% of RDI for manganese and 131% of RDI for vitamin C. Its anti-inflammatory ability is because of enzyme t has called bromelain; it also helps in digestion of protein.
Calories in one pineapple = 452
A lot of health benefits are associated with pineapples, some of these are as follows:
- Pineapples are rich in magnesium that helps in development of bones and connective tissues.
- It also has manganese that along other trace minerals can prove helpful against osteoporosis.
- Bromelain in pineapple can reduce excessive blood coagulation.
- It can also help in reducing mucus in nose and throat.
- It is rich in fiber content that can help in maintaining intestine health and also aid in digestion.
Oranges are full of freshness you can eat them as a snack. You can also make pure orange juice at your home and can enjoy it. You can also use orange in salad, yogurt or as a topping on your breakfast cereal. These are big round sweet citrus fruits rich in vitamins and minerals. You can have about 117 percent of orange.
One small orange has calories = 45
Here are some of health benefits associated with oranges
- Citric acid being part of oranges helps in reducing risk of kidney stones.
- Vitamin C and citric acid rich content also helps in absorption of iron and prevent anemia.
- Vitamin A is also present in orange which is good for keeping eyes and skin healthy.
- Choline, fiber, potassium and vitamin C are present in oranges and support heart health.
- These fruits are also rich source of vitamin B, like folate or thiamine responsible for keeping reproductive system and nervous system healthy.
Lemons are citrus fruits rich in vitamin C. they have potential for lowering blood pressure or blood lipid. According to some recent research on animals it was concluded that the plant substances present in lemons can help in preventing weight gain. Some studies also showed that citric acid present in lemons can help in treating kidney stones.
Here are some of the health benefits associated with lemon:
- Flavonoids present in lemon have anticancer, anti-diabetic and antibacterial properties.
- Phytochemicals like pectin, potassium and folic acid are also part of lemons which have a lot of health benefits.
- Fiber and other plant compounds present in lemons are good for heart health.
- Lemons are also considered good for weight loss.
- Lemon juice can also help in preventing from kidney stones.
- Lemons are rich in citric acid and vitamin C how many calories in a fruit cup that can help in absorb in non-heme iron from plants.
These are sweet little juicy berries red in appearance, have high content of water. These little fruits are rich in fiber and full of healthy minerals and vitamins. how many calories in a fruit cup Usually strawberries are eaten in raw form but they can also be used in different desserts, jellies and jams. Their total carbs level is very low as they have high water content.
One strawberry has calories = 4
Here are some of the health benefits associated with strawberries:
- Anthocyanin is the main component which is basically a flavonoid and required for boosting heart health.
- According to a research it was concluded that women having at least three serving of these berries a how many calories in a fruit cup week have less chances of heart attack.
- Strawberries have dietary fibers that are essential for feeding healthy bacteria in guts thus can improve digestive health.
- These berries also have quercetin which is also a flavonoid and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Strawberries have ability to decrease oxidative stress.
In what healthy forms you can have your favorite fruits?
Fruits have all for you from fighting colds and inflammation to glowing skin and shiny hairs. You can have them in different forms, here are some suggestions:
- You can take fruits in form of smoothies. Smoothies are healthy fruit drinks full of fibers and proteins. These drinks keep you full for hours.
- You can also make juice or shakes from your favorite fruits but make sure to keep concentration of artificial sugar how many calories in a fruit cups low as you can otherwise you may end up gaining weight.
- You can combine your favorite fruits to increase the nutrition. Different fruit combos can fulfill your daily requirements of nutrients and you feel fresh and active whole day. One of healthy fruit combo, containing healthy and easily available fruits is avocado, banana and apple.
In the end it is clear that fruits are a part of healthy life style. If you want to spend a healthy life with less health issues make fruits a part of your diet. If you are gym freak eat fruits before or after workout this will have a healthy impact on your body. how many calories in a fruit cup in this article those fruits are mentioned that are favorite of most of the people. Fortunately, all of them are considered as healthy fruits, you can enjoy any of them you want according to your taste.