Fruits pizza seems like a fantastic combination of two perfect food items. Some of common fruit pizza recipes Healthy Fruit Pizza are healthy gluten free homemade fruit pizza, summers fruit pizza, and healthy breakfast fruit pizza. As the name indicates, all these three recipes are healthy. Best time to get benefits from fruit pizza is in the morning. It is perfect for breakfast. All these recipes are simple and quick to make. In this article you will know how to make these delicious pizzas.
If you have not heard about this delicious dessert, this article can help you in this regard. Healthy Fruit Pizza You will have enough information about how to make it, what should be the ingredients and some tips for making fruit pizza.
What Is A Fruit Pizza?
A fruit pizza is a sugary soft cookie crust, covered with creamy, fluffy thick cheese having a topping of different colorful fruits. It is not just a pizza but a work of art. Pizza itself has a very long history but there is no known history about how it turned into a dessert like fruit pizza.
But there is a word that fruit pizza was originated from California. A cook at pizzeria added strawberries accidently to the pizza. Now there are a lot of variations in this regard.
What Fruits Are Best for Fruit Pizza?
Fruits are best for pizza topping. Here are some of the fruits that are best for pizza topping and also considered among healthy fruits
Pineapple is rich in nutrition. It can help in reducing inflammation; moreover, it can also promote healthy tissue growth. One cup of pineapple provides you Healthy Fruit Pizza with 76% of RDI for manganese and 131% of RDI for vitamin C. Its anti-inflammatory ability is because of enzyme t has called bromelain; it also helps in digestion of protein.
Calories in one pineapple = 452
It is one of the most common used fruit on pizza toppings. They create a different tropical taste that fits with taste of cheese and crust. It can also be used for topping in case heavy rich meat pizzas. One of the best pineapple pizzas is Hawaiian pizza.
Apples are considered among the healthiest fruits. easy addition to diet as they are easily available and do not have any side effects. These have high fiber content and promote weight loss. If you want to get maximum health ins pectin which helps in maintaining good gut health.
One medium apple contains calories = 95
For a very long-time people have been combining apples with cheese specially cheddar cheese. So, there is nothing new about using apples for a pizza topping. These have a delicate Healthy Fruit Pizza flavor so most of the people use them for balancing smoked or stronger sharp cheese.
Figs are high in minerals and sugar. They also have high content of magnesium, iron, copper and potassium. Moreover, they are also a great source of antioxidants like vitamin A and K that are necessary for Healthy Fruit Pizza maintaining good health. Figs are rich in soluble fibers that help keeping you full for a longer time.
One hundred gram of common fig has calories = 74.09
Figs have a bold flavor and meaty consistency that make it good to go with pungent cheeses. One of the common Healthy Fruit Pizza fig pizza recipes popular these days involves incorporation of figs and blue cheese.
Pears are best kind of fruits for weight loss. They are rich in flavonoids, antioxidants and dietary fibers. These are also good for digestion. They are good for dealing with high cholesterol level Healthy Fruit Pizza and cardiovascular diseases. They rich in nutrients that can prevent your body from inflammation.
One medium pear has calories = 100
They are good with nut flavors and they are amazing pizza topping. They go well with mango, parmesan and pecorino cheeses.
Is It Good to Make Fruit Pizza Ahead?
Fruit pizza ordinarily begins with a sugar crust, despite the fact that you can consider chocolate chip cookie dough or phyllo dough for crust. This flexible sweet dessert can undoubtedly be made into individual tarts or in a big non sticky pan. When you’ve collected every one of the ingredients, it takes about ten minutes to make the whole pizza. You can also make it ahead if you want, however it’s so quick to make that you most likely don’t need to make it ahead.
You can make fruit pizza early, yet you won’t have any desire to make it a long time ahead before yo9u serve it. It Healthy Fruit Pizza would be better to collect and assemble all the ingredients for making fruit pizza about four to five hours ahead. Spread the treat with cling wrap and refrigerate it. Cover the pizza with plastic wrap. If you refrigerate or store fruit pizza for a very long time, the crust become soggy and fruits become mushy. So do not store it for a very long time.
The ingredients you pick also determine how far ahead you can make fruit pizza. In case you’re utilizing canned fruits, for example, mandarin oranges, or entire natural products, for example, blueberries and blackberries, it would be good to assemble the ingredients several hours ahead. But if you are going to use fresh sliced fruits it would be better to assemble them not before two three hours before serving time. Otherwise they would get mushy and damp. And if you want to add fruits that, such as pears, peaches or apples, assemble them right before you serve.
If you quickly want something pretty and light fruit pizza is the best option for you. Although it is not a good idea to make the fruit pizza several hours ahead before you it but you can make some parts of it before you want to serve it. You can bake the cookie crust 24 hours ahead and store it at a cool dry place after wrapping it in a plastic. Whip the frosting, it may be cream or cream cheese, you can store it in a container in refrigerator. And when you want to serve it, cut the fruits and put all the pieces together.
Some Delicious and Healthy Fruit Pizza
Pizza is considered among the junk food and is not considered healthy. But when we talk about fruit pizza concept is totally different. Fruit pizza is a sweet dessert which can be turn into unhealthy food if ingredients are not chosen wisely. But if you consider healthy fruits and healthy ingredients in healthy ration then you can enjoy a delicious and healthy fruit pizza. Here are some of the recipes for healthy fruit pizza you can try at home as they are easy and quick to follow:
Healthy Gluten Free Fruit Pizza
This healthy version of fruit pizza is very famous. Normal fruit pizza has a lot of artificial sugar in it which is not healthy at all. But this version of fruit pizza is very healthy and gluten free. This seems like time consuming and tough recipe but luckily is very easy and quick to make that you are going to love it.
|Old Fashioned Oat||1½ Cup|
|Almond Flour||1/3 Cup|
|Mashed Bananas||3 Ripe|
|Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt||32 Ounces|
|Lite Cool Whip||8 Ounces|
|Dry Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix||3.4 Ounces|
How to Make?
- First of all, you need to combine mashed bananas, almond flour and honey with oatmeal.
- Take a pizza pan a spread the whole mixture evenly over the pan and bake it for almost half an hour at 375. They crust should not be undercooked so watch it carefully.
- When the cookie crust is baking meanwhile mix the ingredients for fruit dip, allow cool whip to come at the room temperature so that dip may have a smooth consistency.
- Spread the prepared dip over the cold cookie crust.
- Now this is the step to show your creativity. Put whatever the fruit you want. Make a design if you want and start from the outside. Have fun and enjoy.
Summer Fruit Pizza
This recipe allows you to make a healthy fruit pizza that has grain free cookie crust. Filling is made up of lemony Greek yogurt giving it a different taste. It is a perfect treat dessert for summers. You can make it for barbeque occasions during summers. It is also favorite fruit dessert of kids. Here is the recipe using which you can make it easily
|Vanilla Extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Blanched Almond Flour||2 Cups|
|Baking Soda||½ Teaspoon|
|Coconut Flour||½ Cup|
|Cream Cheese||3 Ounces|
|Non-Fat Greek Yogurt||½ Cup|
|Honey||1½ – 2 Tablespoons|
|Lemon Zest||½ Lemon|
How to Make?
- First of all, preheat the oven at 350 F. grease a pizza pan and set aside.
- Mix vanilla extract, honey, egg and coconut oil thoroughly in bowl and set aside.
- Now mix the flours mentioned with baking soda and salt.
- Now mix the above two mixtures slowly and form dough. Dough should be thick and knead with hand and form a ground ball.
- In greased pizza pan place the dough ball and spread evenly over the whole pan. Using spatula separate the dough from the pan so that after baking it can be easily transferrable. Bake it for about twenty minutes.
- Meanwhile the crust is baking, mix all the filling ingredients in blender or smoothie cup to form a thick creamy mixture.
- After the crust is baked completely, allow it to cool down and then spread the filling over the crust.
- Now decorate the pizza with fruits you have and allow it to sit for Twenty minutes.
- Your pizza is ready to serve, enjoy with your friends.
Healthy Breakfast Fruit Pizza
It is a lightened up, smooth cream frosting pizza with delicious fruits topped on it. It is an amazingly healthy fruit pizza for breakfast you will enjoy. You want something quick and easy to make for breakfast, so here is this fruit pizza for you. You can easily make this fruit pizza while following this simple recipe;
|Cereal Flakes with Chocolate and Strawberries||1 Cup|
|Rolled Oats||1 Cup|
|Shred Coconut (Sweetened and Fancy)||1 Cup|
|Maple Syrup or Honey||¾ Cup|
Cream Cheese Frosting
|Neufchatel Cheese||8 Ounces|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Cup|
|Pure Vanilla Extract||1 Teaspoon|
- Strawberry Slices
- Banana Slices
- Kiwi Slices
- Or other fruits you want.
How to Make?
- First of all, preheat the oven at 375 F. grease a pizza pan and set aside.
- Put the cereal in Ziploc bag, crush the cereal after closing the bag with rolling pin.
- Take a bowl, mix coconut, maple syrup, oats and crushed cereals. Blend them completely.
- Now spread the mixture evenly in the previously greased pizza pan. Bake it for ten minutes and let it cool down.
- Now prepare separately cream cheese frosting by combining vanilla extract, powdered sugar and Neufchatel cheese. Blend them to smooth.
- Once the frosting is prepared spread it over the cooled crust and place it in the fridge for about ten minutes.
- After removing from fridge decorate it with fruits and let it refrigerate for twenty minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, let it stand for a few minutes and serve it to your friends.
Fruit are healthy source of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. But it can be boring to eat same raw fruits daily. So, you can turn them into something delicious, attractive and healthier. What is better than a fruit pizza. You can enjoy fruit pizza any time of the day. Recipes mentioned here are easy and quick to follow. You can also make these fruit pizzas for your events like barbeque events during summer. Try these recipes and enjoy, you won’t regret.
Read also: Vegetarian Benefits For Health